Celebrate the Season with our 2016 Gift Guide
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! That special time of year when you get the chance to show people you care about them. And what better way than by getting the best gift-giver award! Let’s be honest, workout clothes are a lame present these days. They were going to buy that new tank top or pair of yoga pants anyway, so go outside of your comfort zone a little and surprise them with your gift-giving talents. Don’t panic, I’m here to help.
Fitness technology might be something that they have already invested in. They probably have their favorite headphones, so let’s get them something that will help them take their workout to the next level.
- In terms of wearable technology, you can’t really go wrong. Movement devices and heart rate monitors have really come a long way over the last year. There are some models that are more fashionable now so that you don’t have to switch from your “work watch” to your “workout watch.” This year, I really like the Garmin vivomove classic in black or rose gold. It’s sharp in both style and function; monitoring movement and sleep. The vivoactive HR is a great tool for those looking for the all-in-one device. It has both heart rate and movement tracking, as well as GPS for your multi-sport athletes.
There are many great exercise equipment options on the market right now as well, so here are a few that your gift recipient most likely doesn’t already have, but will love!
- HyperIce Vyper (black or blue)
- This is a foam roller with built-in vibration technology. Everyone I’ve spoken to who has used this ensures it’s absolutely worth the investment. It’s a little pricey if you’re just going to use it as a standard foam roller, but it’s got some serious magic built into it. This one is trendy, super effective, and based on its compact size, is excellent to carry around. Great to keep at the office or at home to boost recovery before the next butt-kicking workout.
- TRX Home Suspension Trainer
- This doesn’t replace a membership, it enhances it. Having one of these at home or in the dorm room is great because it will let them do all of the stuff they don’t want to do (or try) at the gym. This makes it super easy to get in a quick bout of HIIT training or just use it for stretching out first thing in the morning. Suspension training has a ton of benefits, and convenience is always key.
- 6 Pack Meal Manager
- These things are game-changers. Not only do they come with the hardware to prep meals in healthy portions, they have plenty of compartments for everything you need, without having to lug around the old school cooler. Great for anyone who’s trying to, or currently spending time with meal planning.
- Nutritional Supplements
- Supplements are a great gift to give folks so they can try something new. As far as performance folks are concerned, Strength Stack and Generation UCan are two supplements that should be a staple in every fitness enthusiast’s arsenal. If you’re looking for something a little less specific, you can’t go wrong with a tub of protein powder. Most everyone who exercises doesn’t get enough through their standard diet, so it’s a great supplement to augment any fitness enthusiast’s diet.
If you’re looking to give someone something less tangible but more memorable, we have a host of experiences that are sure to provide great education and service.
- D.TOXSM Program
- The holidays can wreak havoc on most people’s progress. The 14-day program is just what their metabolism would order immediately post-holiday debauchery. This will help them feel better, increase energy, and even lose weight. Perfect for jump-starting their new year, new you plan!
- GUT.FIXSM Kit
- When you purchase the kit, you also get a great virtual program to help stay on track to see the best results possible. The kit provides the supplements to help support healthy function of the GI tract with your current diet. The program provides additional support and guidance as it combines the supplements with a 30-day modified elimination diet. Not sure if this is the right gift? Check out 5 Surprising Signs You’re Due for a Gut-Check and see if that helps fit your recipient’s needs.
- A great one-two punch for that really special someone would be to get them the D.TOX program or GUT.FIX program, and the 6 Pack cooler to be able to prep and organize meals in! Best. Gift-Giver. Ever.
- Active Metabolic AssessmentSM
- If they’re a runner or endurance athlete, efficiency is key. An Active Metabolic Assessment will benefit someone trying to take their cardio programming to the next level. If their goal is fat loss or muscle building, knowing what zones are effective for both is essential. This service consists of a full assessment and then another session explaining the results and setting up a 4-week program for success.
- Personal Training
- If you’re still stumped, you can get them a gift certificate for a couple personal training sessions. This is always a safe gift because the trainer can tailor the workout program to whatever your recipient wants: increasing flexibility, decreasing body fat, increasing muscle tone, building mass, etc. If they are having a hard time choosing where to start, give them a few of these tips on how to pick the best trainer for their needs. The cost of this will vary by club, but they range from $61 to $141 per 1-hour session. The price varies based on the level of education that the trainer maintains. There are also 30-minute sessions for those a little more time-starved. There are great deals on these in clubs for Black Friday as well, so be sure to check them out!
Give yourself a gift.
While celebrating others can be a really fun thing for some folks, buying something for yourself can be even more gratifying and rewarding. The great thing about this is that you are not only giving yourself a gift, but you’re also investing in your health, which can be a big money-saver in the long run. Why not take advantage of all of the shopping specials going on right now anyway and give something new a try!
Regardless of the holiday you celebrate, enjoying time with loved ones is the best gift you can give and/or receive. Take the time to celebrate, reflect and get geared up for your fittest and healthiest year yet!